#63: Eat a Picnic on the Lawn
When the weather is warm, and you want have a fun, relaxing time, eating a picnic on the lawn is a great outdoor activity! On a beautiful Saturday afternoon, my boyfriend and I packed a blanket, grabbed some sandwiches, and headed to the lawn.
And we weren’t the only ones with this idea:
The lawn was filled with people playing game, eating, just hanging out/talking. This picture was towards the end of the day, but there was a lot more people earlier on.
We set up a blanket and broke out the chips, drinks, and sandwiches.
And some friends joined us!
Want to have a picnic on the lawn also? Here’s what you’ll need:
- A large blanket
- If you’re unsure what size to bring, err on the side of caution and bring the bigger of the two.
- I recommend sandwiches because they are easy to eat, relatively mess-free, and portable. There are a bunch of awesome sandwich places on the corner too, like bodos and take it away. Snacks are a good picnic choice. We opted for chips, pirates booty, and cookies, but it’s really about your own preferences.
- Just don’t forget the solo cups!
- Things to do
- The 7 box (of the Seven Society) and 21 box (of the 21 Society) both have fun lawn activities for you to use freely, but you’re on your honor to return the items after you’re finished with them. It’s a great idea because you don’t have to remember to bring Frisbee or footballs with you! But if you’ve got something particular in mind, or would prefer to bring your own, you definitely can do that.
- Bring a camera for the memories.